Call Above and Beyond Roofing at 316-719-2819 now to book your free estimate with the top-rated company for wood shingle roofing in Wichita, KS.
Looking for a reliable company that can install wood shingle roofing in Wichita, KS, and the surrounding cities? If so, Above and Beyond Roofing & Construction has you covered.
While traditional asphalt shingles are one of the most popular roofing materials, they don’t offer the same natural aesthetic as wood shingle roofs. Our team of experienced roofing contractors in Wichita can handle all your needs regarding wooden shingles, including installation, repair, and replacement. We can help you through the process and help you determine if your insurance will cover you property with wood shingles or if we should look at davinci shake options. Call us now to schedule a free consultation with our team of professional roofers!
Proudly Serving: Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Kechi, Maize, Park City, Rose Hill, and Valley Center.
Call us today!
Proudly serving Wichita homeowners and business owners and the surrounding communities of: Andover, Derby, Goddard, Haysville, Kechi, Maize, Park City, Rose Hill, and Valley Center.
Are you ready to enjoy the beauty and benefits of wooden shingles? Call Above and Beyond Roofing & Construction now at 316-719-2819 to book your free estimate with the top-rated company for wood shingle roofing in Wichita, KS.
CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
Wood Shingles vs. Wood Shakes
Did you know that there are two kinds of wooden shingles? Before investing in this type of roof system, it’s important to know the difference between each roofing material: wood shingles and wood shakes.
The primary difference between wood shingles and shakes is their appearance and manufacturing process. Wood shingle manufacturers use a saw to create individual shingles from one single block of wood (usually cedar), which gives the roof a uniform, seamless look. On the other hand, wood shakes are hand-split, with rougher edges and a coarser texture. They’re also much thicker than wood shingles, and their varying shapes and edges provide a more natural and unique aesthetic.
Benefits of Investing in a Wood Shingle Roof
While some homeowners in Wichita may prefer asphalt shingles because they’re more cost-effective, they don’t offer the same benefits as wood shingle and shake roofing:
- Weather Resistant. Wood shingles have a natural resistance to UV rays, water, extreme weather, moss, and insects, which you can increase even more by applying a special coating and treatment to your roofing material.
- Durable. Even with extreme weather fluctuations, wood shingles retain their uniform shape without shrinking. They can last just as long – if not longer – than asphalt shingles depending on how much care you provide. In fact, with proper maintenance, wood shingle roofs can last as long as 50 years, whereas traditional asphalt roofs only last about 20 to 30 years before they need replacing.
- Flexible. You can choose between a wide range of different finishing options for wood shingles, including painting, staining, and oils.
- Eco-Friendly. Wood is a natural, sustainable roofing material that is easily recyclable and doesn’t release harsh chemicals or contaminants into the environment.
- Stable. With an experienced roofing contractor for installation, wood shingles provide superior stability and strength for your home’s roof.
- Insulation. As wood is a relatively low-density material, it has excellent insulating capacity for your home and can improve energy efficiency.
- Aesthetic. The natural aesthetic that wood roofing materials provide is quite unlike any other, giving your home a stunningly beautiful appearance.
Wood Shingle Roofing FAQs
Are wood roof shingles good?
Yes, wood roof shingles are a high-quality roofing material that provides a naturally beautiful aesthetic for your home. They’re also durable, eco-friendly, and naturally resistant to weather, insects, and water. They also offer a wide range of color and finish options. Plus, they can last as long as 50 years with the proper preventative maintenance and care.
Is a wood shingle roof expensive?
Wood shingle roofs are more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles. Even further, wood shakes are more expensive than wood shingles because they’re hand-split and thicker. However, the benefits of wooden roofing make the added expense worth it for many homeowners.
How long does a wood shingle roof last?
The lifespan of a wooden roof can run as high as 50 years with the proper maintenance and care. In addition, the quality of shingles also makes a difference regarding durability and lifespan. Thicker cedar shakes last longer than shingles, which are thinner.
How often do wood shingles need to be treated?
To keep wood shingles in top-notch condition, experts recommend treating and sealing them at least every three years. With regular cleaning, sealing, refinishing, and repair, wood roofs can last up to 50 years and provide superior durability and weather resistance.